Let me tell you about a story about Nicholas Winton who had a vision in the second world war to help as many Jewish children escape to England. You would be surprised, if it wasn’t for him, I bet you have a friend who wouldn’t be born. He changed lives. Think about the goals you want to achieve next year. Have a vision, set those goals and be like Sir Nicholas Winton, you never know you may change some lives.
Here are 7 steps you can follow to set your goals for next year:
1) Get in State – make sure you have the right state of mind. If you don’t focus, you will never make clear goals.
2) Brain storm your ideas – if you do this with someone else, you are more productive.
3) Prioritise – which ones are the most important?
4) Choose the top 3 goals first – do these first!
5) Set deadlines – if you don’t set a time to complete them, they will never be completed.
6) Create an action plan – set milestones and tick them off.
7) Create a vision board – visual goals are more motivating.
If you want to be successful in anything you do, especially in your work when managing, you need to use a thorough and strategic approach to your planning. Systematic, thorough planning and thinking about every aspect of your business will gain you success. Start to plan for next year now.
If you need help with setting your goals for next year, I am here to help. I can coach you on setting the goals, then make you accountable and keep you on track so you actually achieve them. Call me today. You never know, you will probably change lives in doing this. Sir Nicholas Winton changed lives. You can do the same in whatever you do.